General discussions & events
Community page.
Owned and operated by nzpersonals

Men - flesh out your profiles.
Discussion - started by rural_wangas, posted on 21-Sep-19 1:08PM
There are probably twenty male profiles for every female or couples profile on here. Actually probably more like fifty. Add some details and a body pic at least. Dick pics are fine but when not connected to any other details they quickly become ho-hum.

FFS, Give us something to work with.

Showing comments 1 through 20 out of 20 comments

Comment #1 by GoodBoy56 in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Sep-19 1:18PM
Not just the men.
Comment #2 by Cum_Connoisseur in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Sep-19 3:43PM
I'm a weirdo so I'll just speak for myself. A fully filled in profile with specific interests and all the rest is usually just giving me plenty of ammunition for me to decide to write someone off. Especially photos because I like the mystery of a stranger. Any photo will almost always turn me off someone. I suppose also when someone is very vocal about what they want in their profile, I decide they seem picky/fussy/difficult.

The type of person I seek doesn't care about their profile or being appealing online. They will say the right things in their messages and do the right things in person, but that's just me
Comment #3 by Cheekies in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Sep-19 5:08PM
Here here! Some substance! I am an intellectual as well so one worders do nothing for me... no connection
Comment #4 by Clayton in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Sep-19 5:21PM
Well said... incredible how many profiles (men, women and couples) that have absolutely no content and expect success.
Comment #5 by Laseredfeild in response to Clayton ( view post )
Posted on 21-Sep-19 6:26PM
I don't bother answering any messages from ppl who have no info on there profiles
I no mine is limited info but has basics, which I believe is better than nothing at all
Comment #6 by Outherebogan in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Sep-19 9:32PM
Maybe some of us aren't PC clever , or maybe we just cruise ... Can't see the point in trying to sell myself as something I'm not
Posted on 21-Sep-19 9:37PM
You are definitely an outlier. Glad it works for you.
Posted on 21-Sep-19 9:42PM
To save people who have strict standards the time of day they would waste to find out you aren't their type.
Posted on 21-Sep-19 9:57PM
I'm the utter opposite. I like men who know what they want. To me the best place to outline that is your profile. I'm not a fan of bulshit and being told whatever they think I want to hear - incompaibility never results in a good fuck for me. I simply dont have the time to flesh info out of 50 guys a day to work out we arent into the same things. But great for you that you do!

I dont see the point of profiles if no one actually fills them out.
Comment #10 by GoodBoy56 in response to Nersayus ( view post )
Posted on 21-Sep-19 10:20PM
Exactly.
Posted on 22-Sep-19 12:24PM
Can see what your saying ... But isn't life supposed to be an adventure , be pretty boring if you could tick all the boxes and knew exactly what was going to happen, I personally love that out of the blue crazy whacked out shit that happens at times ....
Posted on 22-Sep-19 12:28PM
The point is that with hundreds of male profiles with nothing on them you cannot do even the most basic of sorting.
Posted on 22-Sep-19 1:49PM
I do too, but most often what I get is bored and frustrated because they dont push any of my buttons or they dont want to do the things that turn me on.
For me the out of the blue awesome experiences are outweighed 10 to 1 by the above.
Posted on 22-Sep-19 2:04PM
Never thought of it that way .... Guess it sucks to be popular
Posted on 22-Sep-19 2:07PM
I just read your profile , cool outlook , do you ever get up Tauranga way
Posted on 22-Sep-19 2:20PM
Nope sorry not that way
Posted on 22-Sep-19 2:52PM
I also like men who know what they want but I'm more fond of someone who is able to articulate it to me. It doesn't take much time to sort out the interesting messages from the bland.

I find profiles often misleading. For example, having a female profile but when someone inquires about meeting, they are actually a package deal with their partner which wasn't advertised anywhere
Posted on 23-Sep-19 8:28AM
Yep that's a very common one! But it's kinda the point, if they used their profile to outline the basics of what they were looking for and whi they were then you would know that up front - no surprises after wasting time talking if that's not your scene.

I can live with a limited profile with a good first message that gives you something to go on. But it's rare to get that too. Most messages say fuck all more than hi or hows your day. Combined with nothing to go on in their profile I'm likely to just ignore it
Posted on 23-Sep-19 1:24PM
Bingo. Exactly right. We have over fifty pics up and we usually get asked as a first post 'what are you into?" Seriously? I think the pics answer that one.

Community Managers (5)

Group owner
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd