General discussions & events
Community page.
Owned and operated by nzpersonals

Positive Quotes
Discussion - started by GoodBoy56, posted on 30-Sep-19 9:47PM
I recently posted in a discussion a couple of quotes that were intended to encourage a person who was feeling got at. So I decided to start this discussion in the hope that the quotes will help others. Dont be a ass and post crap or negative comments they will reflect more on you than anyone.
Here's two to start.
Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.

The 3 C's of Life
Choices, Chances, Changes
You must make a choice to take a chance or your life will never change

Showing comments 1 through 34 out of 34 comments

Comment #1 by Kenny in response to the main topic
Posted on 30-Sep-19 10:14PM
I found this quote I hope it helps out ...Pride and ego is often seen as a negative; but in the right place and in the right amount, pride is actually a good thing.

1. Pride is what makes a man work hard and carefully choose who he keeps as close friends because he doesn?t want to be associated with failure or evil.

2. Pride is what will make a man confidently step up and be a leader because one cannot be conquered by fear and be considered to lead.

3. Pride is what will make a man choose the right woman to build his future with because he wants to build a home of good repute.

4. Pride is what will make a man pursue that right woman and not consider her above his league because he is proud of the man he is and confident that she needs a man like him.

. Pride is what will make a man ensure that any date he takes that lady to will not be boring because his image in her eyes is at stake.

. Pride is what will make a man value his penis enough that he cannot cheaply give it out. A proud man values his penis and will not be casual with sex. He takes pride in the one woman he is faithful to not like the other shallow men who dish out what is meant to be special. Whatever is special is made rare and exclusive.

. Pride is what will make a man walk into a room and command presence and order.

. Pride is what will make a man give intense eye contact and powerful body language.

. Pride is what will keep a man fighting when the storms rage because he refuses to be named in the list of the men who gave up.

. Pride is what will make a man a sex symbol. To his woman, he is in control, he leads her sexuality and kisses and grabs her like a man who knows she belongs to only him and he has a duty to please her and release her to please him.

. Pride is what will make a man work hard for his family because he is too proud to let his children sleep hungry as long as he is alive.

. Pride is what will make him keep his marriage together because the marriage, his wife and children carry his name. If the marriage fails, it?s on him. Men who are proud of their marriage and family don?t have affairs, they are not unfaithful, they are too proud to break their own home.

. Pride is what will make a man responsible when given a task. Give him a job and he will execute it with excellence.

. Pride is what will make a man value his body. He will work out, keep the right physique because he must look good and feel good.

. Pride will make him get that haircut or that look, make him clothe his body good. Call him cocky, arrogant, stylish; but he proudly loves himself.

. Pride is what will make a man walk with a bounce, purpose and focus. He knows he is blessed.

. Pride is what will make a man carefully choose his words. He will not talk rubbish or be foul mouthed. He?ll read, use his intellect, stretch his reasoning; the kind of man who speaks and others wonder where he gets all his wisdom from.

. Pride is what will make him take charge of a conversation even with his woman but not empowering her because often times a woman wants to talk she just needs her man to show interest. He will not let her struggle, he is too proud to appear as boring.

. Pride is what will make him defend his woman when she is attacked. You don?t attack the love of his life as he watches.

Comment #2 by Nersayus in response to the main topic
Posted on 30-Sep-19 11:03PM
Here are my favorites this week

- dont let your icecream melt while you are counting someone else's sprinkles.

- four plus four equals eight. But so does six plus two and three plus five. The way you do things is not always the only way. Be teachable because you can not always be right

And finally...

- fold your worries into paper planes and turn them into flying fucks to give away.
Comment #3 by EvenEden in response to Nersayus ( view post )
Posted on 30-Sep-19 11:11PM
See if this might make sense:
YOLO but then YODO, yet if YODA ILWO.
Not very pretty but could do with some contributive tweaking.
Comment #4 by GoodBoy56 in response to the main topic
Posted on 1-Oct-19 7:45AM
Don't cling to a mistake just because you spent a long time making it
Comment #5 by Angus3000 in response to the main topic
Posted on 1-Oct-19 7:24PM
Falling down is an accident. Staying down is a choice.

Live your life by a compass not a clock

Don?t be afraid to fail, be afraid not to try

All a bit corny I know, but I like them
Comment #6 by GoodBoy56 in response to Angus3000 ( view post )
Posted on 1-Oct-19 7:52PM
They are all great. Thanks for sharing. Simple is best
Comment #7 by Cum_Connoisseur in response to the main topic
Posted on 2-Oct-19 12:46AM
I had an issue with being overly negative because I was failing really hard at trying to be happy 24/7. This quote changed it up for me and I think of it often.

Staying positive doesn't mean you have to be happy all the time. It means that even on the hard days you know better ones are coming.
Posted on 2-Oct-19 10:51AM
Cool I like it. Heres one in a similar vein Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections.
Comment #9 by Cheekies in response to Nersayus ( view post )
Posted on 3-Oct-19 7:39PM
I like the paper planes turning into flying fucks hahahahaha
Comment #10 by Cheekies in response to the main topic
Posted on 3-Oct-19 7:44PM
Here's one of my favourites:

Friends are like UNDIES...
Some crawl up your ass
Some snap under pressure
Some don't have the strength to hold you up
Some get a little twisted
Some support you
Some are your favourites
Some are cheap and just get bent out of shape
And some actually DO cover your ass when you need them to!
Comment #11 by Howdy in response to the main topic
Posted on 3-Oct-19 8:38PM
My goal is not to be better than anyone else,but to be better than I use to be
Posted on 3-Oct-19 9:31PM
Thats a novel take on friendship. Like it
Comment #13 by Angus3000 in response to the main topic
Posted on 5-Oct-19 3:16AM
Be the change you want to see

I hope I?m not paraphrasing that too much.
Comment #14 by GoodBoy56 in response to the main topic
Posted on 11-Oct-19 7:18AM
Don't put the key to your happiness in someone else's pocket.
Posted on 11-Oct-19 7:38AM
My mantra

I try to be the man my dog thinks I am
Comment #16 by GoodBoy56 in response to the main topic
Posted on 13-Oct-19 8:21AM
When things aren't adding up in your life, start subtracting.
Posted on 13-Oct-19 9:44AM
I like that :)
Comment #18 by Angus3000 in response to the main topic
Posted on 16-Oct-19 8:54AM
Not sure this is 100% positive but its from a song this morning that made me laugh and think...

Walk a mile in my shoes

Then you'll be a mile away
and you'll have my shoes...
Comment #19 by GoodBoy56 in response to the main topic
Posted on 20-Oct-19 10:13AM
Some days you just have to create your own sunshine.

You can't start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last one.
Comment #20 by Angus3000 in response to the main topic
Posted on 24-Oct-19 9:56PM
beauty is truth truth beauty
Comment #21 by GoodBoy56 in response to Angus3000 ( view post )
Posted on 25-Oct-19 11:13PM
Nice.
Heres another one.

Count your rainbows, not your thunderstorms.
Comment #22 by Angus3000 in response to GoodBoy56 ( view post )
Posted on 26-Oct-19 1:07AM
I enjoy this feel-good thread. Nice work
Comment #23 by GoodBoy56 in response to Angus3000 ( view post )
Posted on 26-Oct-19 7:33AM
Thanks and thanks for contributing to keep it alive and not joining the graveyard of dead discussions that litter this site.

If you think you are too small to make a difference,try sleeping with a mosquito in your room.
Comment #24 by Angus3000 in response to the main topic
Posted on 26-Oct-19 11:02PM
It?s only a game

Ffs
Comment #25 by GoodBoy56 in response to Angus3000 ( view post )
Posted on 27-Oct-19 12:04AM
Too soon But full marks
Comment #26 by Angus3000 in response to the main topic
Posted on 30-Oct-19 2:34PM
You?ll only get out of it what you put into it
Comment #27 by Cheekies in response to the main topic
Posted on 4-Nov-19 8:32PM
I read this from a fb post
Don't be someones
One-time
Down-time
S pare-time
Part-Time or
Sometime
If they can't be there for you all the time then theyre not even worth your time
#legitforreal
Posted on 4-Nov-19 9:29PM
Nice.
Here's another
Not everyone will understand your journey, and thats fine its not their journey to make sense of- its yours!
Comment #29 by Nersayus in response to the main topic
Posted on 4-Nov-19 10:03PM
May you never be subservient. May you never fall prey to fitting in. May you always swirl in all the directions the winds want to take you. May you never hush your laughter, or your tears. May you breathe without restriction. May you show up every single day to the calling that is you. May you always know the courage of your heart.
Comment #30 by Angus3000 in response to the main topic
Posted on 10-Nov-19 10:14PM
Jono Rabbit - what a brilliant movie

Let everything happen to you: beauty and terror.
Just keep going. No feeling is final
Comment #31 by Frostulfsson in response to the main topic
Posted on 11-Nov-19 4:04PM
For me, one of the biggest helps for bringing me out of the dark was on a day I was feeling good I said to myself "fuck yeah, I'm going to be happy"

Thinking about that moment when I feel down brings me back up, the unbreakable optimism that has seen me through everything boiled down to a few words
Posted on 11-Nov-19 4:34PM
Good on you. A great example of taking control of your own destiny.

In life you are either a passenger or a pilot, it's your choice.
Posted on 11-Nov-19 9:37PM
Some of the most beautiful images are developed in a dark room
Comment #34 by Cheekies in response to palmyguy ( view post )
Posted on 11-Nov-19 9:38PM
Nice play on words :)

Community Managers (5)

Group owner
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd