General discussions & events
Community page.
Owned and operated by nzpersonals

anyone miss the old days? Where you could actually find a sex mate?
Discussion - started by Erotic_Genie, posted on 29-Aug-20 5:08PM
I really miss the old days of yahoo messenger. I remember I could find people to hook up with more than nowadays. Nowadays all I find are teases or people who have ulterior movies like join my website etc. Sure you have had those. Or is it just me that misses those days?

Showing comments 1 through 34 out of 34 comments

Comment #1 by glen in response to the main topic
Posted on 30-Aug-20 10:57AM
i guess its just us old guys that remember the good old days.
Comment #2 by james_dn in response to the main topic
Posted on 30-Aug-20 4:28PM
It's all apps now, tinder, hinge(the friends based apps) etc or more specific communities like fetlife.
Comment #3 by DarkNight in response to the main topic
Posted on 31-Aug-20 12:04AM
Maybe we need a local seniors site for us older gents.
Comment #4 by glen in response to DarkNight ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 5:37AM
Now that could be a good idea
Posted on 31-Aug-20 8:14AM
There is a group on here, Women looking for men over 60, of which I’m the owner. I recently tidied the membership up, lots of members showing on there but who were no longer on NZP. I posted seeking discussion but no response from anyone, makes me wonder!!
Posted on 31-Aug-20 9:41AM
I am basically here to meet women. But there appears not to be many on this site.
Comment #7 by Robbie63 in response to the main topic
Posted on 31-Aug-20 9:25AM
You are right things have changed since man etc.
Got worse now that we have covid19 virus and negative politicians and pressure groups using scare tactics to control us.
I don't think the world be like it was before covid 19.
Comment #8 by Robbie63 in response to glen ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 9:26AM
For sure""
Posted on 31-Aug-20 9:27AM
Yes lots are inactive.
Comment #10 by LilyBlack in response to the main topic
Posted on 31-Aug-20 11:28AM
Once you have an Email Address, your Life is Changed Forever! I Hate Modern Technology! Sites like NZP are just Virtual Reality! Some People are Real! Some are Not! Personal Interaction has Taken a Hit! When Life was Simpler! It was More Real! People were More Real! Just my Opinion! Lily x
Posted on 31-Aug-20 11:37AM
I have Joined a few Groups Lately! Many of their Members are No Longer Active or in all Likelihood Deleted! It Adds Nothing to the Group having Historic Members! They should be Culled automatically by NZP when their Account is Terminated! Lily x
Comment #12 by Robbie63 in response to LilyBlack ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 11:39AM
Fully agree.
Posted on 31-Aug-20 12:32PM
Agree, I wish NZP had a system whereby members were deleted off groups when they, the members, deleted their account.
Posted on 31-Aug-20 12:36PM
Yes be much better.
Dead profiles are a pain.
Comment #15 by Cheekies in response to the main topic
Posted on 31-Aug-20 1:58PM
I miss the days where common courtesy over ruled lame spineless ghosters who can't deal with the fall out of their actions. I miss the days that honesty and integrity was common among many. I miss actual conversations and laughter with people who have a great sense if humour, now its a needle in a haystack.

Where are the genuine folk who arent cheating on their partners who are legitimately single looking to mingle?

How do you go from hi how are you to - want to meet up and have some fun in 2 messages.
Posted on 31-Aug-20 3:27PM
Hear hear. Well said Cheekies. Us honest genuine people always get the runaround. So hear hear u should be here. 😉
Posted on 31-Aug-20 4:32PM
I did not realise that we align :) nice profile hehehe :)
Posted on 31-Aug-20 4:47PM
I fear I’m expecting too much here, probably because of the age thing. But the response to message ratio is pathetic, something like ten per cent of people contacted will respond. I was brought up to always acknowledge any contact, to thank people in writing for birthday or Xmas gifts and so on. Seems to me that as social media usage increases tenfold every year, the ratio of polite responses goes down by the same percentage. Thanks to lovely people like Cheekies who I know does respond, I keep my profile running.
Comment #19 by G-Man in response to Cheekies ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 4:51PM
You had me at "I miss the days"........ but lost me at "who aren't cheating on their partners" but well said Cheekies
Comment #20 by G-Man in response to silvergrey565 ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 4:53PM
Fully agree with you on this also
Comment #21 by glen in response to silvergrey565 ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 4:53PM
Yes I totally agree even if the response isn’t what you want
Posted on 31-Aug-20 4:54PM
Ha ha! Well said. I have been ignored or rejected. One lady profile said she loved cocks and couldnt get enough but her reply was I was not her type. I was tempted to sarcastically reply but I am a gentleman.
Comment #23 by kiwivoy69 in response to G-Man ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 4:54PM
Totally agree with you too...
Comment #24 by glen in response to Erotic_Genie ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 4:55PM
and you do have a cock
Comment #25 by Cheekies in response to G-Man ( view post )
Posted on 31-Aug-20 5:08PM
To clarify I'm always getting guys who want maximum output for their minimal input. Please don't get me wrong people play away from home for many reasons. I'm not having a dig each to their own. But when it comes to me I want to be number 1 not seconD best to no one is all. I deserve that as a bare minimum. Circumstances and our needs change we evolve in what we seek..
Posted on 31-Aug-20 7:55PM
You go Cheekies! Always the woman is number 1 in my book. That's why I love put a lot of time on her first. And then. Well let's just say I am not a three minute man!
Posted on 31-Aug-20 8:30PM
Well that is good to know
Posted on 31-Aug-20 8:59PM
blushes. at least i got a kiss emoji better than nothing.
Comment #29 by Sports_gurl in response to the main topic
Posted on 2-Sep-20 6:07PM
I used to find gumtree good for hookups, never once was i fucked around, unlike multiple time wasters On this site
Posted on 2-Sep-20 6:17PM
Oh good ol gumtree :) i used locanto but all i got was millions of fakes. for all the adds i posted or answered i only saw one in the flesh :) nice flesh too. Wish they had a place like that instead of a forum for scammers and fakers
Posted on 2-Sep-20 6:31PM
I found that I met more people from fetlife than any other site. Nzdating wasn't too bad for parties but I was in a couple there. Kiwiswingers has great chat rooms and video chat for members. Met a couple of people off there.
Comment #32 by voyeurone in response to the main topic
Posted on 3-Sep-20 11:36AM
Hear, hear
Comment #33 by Lookingtoo in response to the main topic
Posted on 5-Sep-20 7:48PM
I liked the chase days of trying to pick someone up real interaction and flirting
Comment #34 by Knot2shy in response to the main topic
Posted on 6-Sep-20 4:09AM
I keep that switch off these days. Wish I didn't have to though. Odds are hard for a guy like me in chch.

Community Managers (5)

Group owner
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd