General discussions & events
Community page.
Owned and operated by nzpersonals

New profile pages
Discussion - started by nzpersonals, posted on 21-Apr-21 1:26PM
You'll notice that there is a link at the top of the profile pages which offers gold members the chance to help us test a new profile layout.

There are a lot of enhancements, from tidier layouts, to responsive message composition.

At this stage, the new page is currently in its beta phase of testing; meaning most bugs have been fixed, but some as-yet unknown bugs may still exist.

If you encounter any major bugs, you can choose to go back to the old look by clicking the link at the top of the profile. But you should also let us know (a) what the bug is, and (b) what you were trying to do when the bug was first noticed

Note: We don't investigate "page doesn't work" types of messages, so please if you're going to email us, give us all the details.

If you have any suggestions, please msg me directly

Showing comments 1 through 12 out of 12 comments

Comment #1 by NZuncut in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Apr-21 1:48PM
I like the new layout, it's cleaner and the Interest/Groups section is a hell of a lot easier to read than a list of text!

One piece of feedback is that the new layout doesn't seem to indicate if profiles are supporters of safe sex or not. This is something that should be prioritised for updating, because its a very important piece of information!

I think a good place to have this would be as a "This member supports safe sex" banner across the profile (underneath the banner that shows if someone is a Gold member).
Comment #2 by nzpersonals in response to NZuncut ( view post )
Posted on 21-Apr-21 2:05PM
Good point, we'll add that soon!
Comment #3 by Davidbutler in response to NZuncut ( view post )
Posted on 21-Apr-21 4:01PM
I see the ‘safe sex’ banner has now been done. Very prominent.
Love the new look. Clean and easy to navigate
Well done!
Comment #4 by Laseredfeild in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Apr-21 7:37PM
Looks great
Defaintly going forward
Comment #5 by Palmyboi in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Apr-21 8:27PM
I do like the overall direction of the new pages, and it's not to be able to see the whole list of interests rather than just the most recent ones.

I wonder if the default order for interests could be changed (if that isn't difficult), for example:

* First show interests a person loves
* then show interests a person likes
* then interests they are curious about
* then ones they dislike
* then ones they hate

The icons are useful and a great improvement but this change might make it easier when scanning a profile by seeing all loves together etc.

Right I'm off to update my lists :)
Comment #6 by Funtimes69 in response to Palmyboi ( view post )
Posted on 21-Apr-21 9:16PM
I discovered the option today, I'm used to the original layout but after a couple of checks it appears to be all the old setup was and maybe better, certainly cleaner, no bugs for me yet
Comment #7 by Beachfisherwomanneeded in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Apr-21 10:24PM
I think personally that it's great - well done, with the added color it brings it to life a bit more.
Comment #8 by NZuncut in response to Palmyboi ( view post )
Posted on 21-Apr-21 10:49PM
I agree, consolidating the likes/loves/dislike lists so they're all grouped with one another is a good idea!
Comment #9 by nzpersonals in response to Palmyboi ( view post )
Posted on 21-Apr-21 11:10PM
Thanks for the feedback, it's a great idea, we'll sort that out tomorrow
Posted on 22-Apr-21 7:07AM
Change is good and obviously the page/ site owner's are listening and any good suggestion is acted on. Good work nzpersonal.
Comment #11 by wmz in response to the main topic
Posted on 22-Apr-21 6:24PM
How do you post large photos on this site ?
Some come out large, some are tiny.
Comment #12 by nzpersonals in response to wmz ( view post )
Posted on 22-Apr-21 6:29PM
That's off topic, we'll answer privately

Community Managers (5)

Group owner
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd