When you decide to join nzpersonals and fill in a profile form you will be providing us with some personal information about yourself. This information is collected and will be viewed by members so that they can make a decision about who they would like to make contact with. This information may be used by nzpersonals for marketing purposes, but not by any other organisation.
You will also be providing us with your credit card details. This information is exclusive to nzpersonals and will not be disclosed to any other person, or body, or agency (see also nzpersonals security policy).
Under the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 you have two basic rights
- to access your personal information and
- the right to correct it if it is wrong
In addition, we have responsibilities:
- To provide such security safeguards as are reasonable in the circumstances to prevent loss, access, use, modification or misuse of your personal information.
- To not hold your personal information for longer than is required for the purpose for which the information may lawfully be used.
- To not use your personal information for any purpose other than that for which it was collected unless we are required to do so under the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 or any of the amendments to that Act.
- To not disclose your personal information to a person or body or agency unless we are required to do so under the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993 or any of the amendments to that Act.
- To not assign any unique identifier to your information other than what is necessary to enable nzpersonals to carry out our functions efficiently.