Be weary of these members!
Community page.

Harmful Digital Communications Act 2015
Discussion - started by Walkingnurse76, posted on 20-May-18 2:55PM
This is intended as general information for all users of this site and all users of social media in general. Ten principles were identified as rules to prevent harm to individuals caused by digital communication.

A digital communication should not:
1: Disclose sensitive personal facts about an individual
2: Threatening, intimidating or menacing
3: Grossly offensive to a reasonable person in the position of the affected individual
4: Indecent or obscene
: Used to harass an individual
: Not make a false allegation
: Not contain a matter which is published in breach of confidence
: Incite or encourage anyone to send a message to an individual for the purpose of causing harm to the individual
: Incite or encourage an individual to commit suicide
: Denigrate an individual by reason of his or her colour, race, ethnic or national origins, religions, gender, sexual orientation or disability

If you would like to complain about any digital communication you have received or would like advice, call NetSafe or visit their website for information or advice about the complaint process.

Showing comments 1 through 12 out of 12 comments

comment #1 was clobbered
Comment #2 by Walkingnurse76 in response to the main topic
Posted on 20-May-18 3:04PM
Contact
help@netsafe.org.nd
Contact phone number is also available on the website
Posted on 20-May-18 4:17PM
Correction...typo
help@netsafe.org.nz
Comment #4 by missionimpossible in response to the main topic
Posted on 20-May-18 9:12PM
Totally agree and we should obide to this. Sites would be more pleasurable if the negative bs, the nit picking, bullying and name calling would be kept well away. There's no need for it! After all aren't we all meant to be adults???
Posted on 20-May-18 9:33PM
Thank you...Yes absolutely. The responsibility for preventing this behaviour belongs to everyone. Not only to adhere to it, but support others by reporting unacceptable behaviour if witnessed.
Comment #6 by scotti in response to Walkingnurse76 ( view post )
Posted on 20-May-18 10:53PM
Thanks for sharing this valuable info,people should sign this pledge before entering this site it would be a lot more honest and enjoyable ,I hope the right people read it ,well done
Comment #7 by Walkingnurse76 in response to scotti ( view post )
Posted on 20-May-18 10:54PM
Yeah I thought of that too...it should be included in terms and conditions to read before signing up
Posted on 20-May-18 11:29PM
Most definitely..
Comment #9 by captcunninglus in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-May-18 7:05AM
Good call walkingnurse if people were more respectful and understanding of others on this site and in general the world would be a better place
Comment #10 by nickiangel in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-May-18 7:35AM
Good article however, I'm sure group owner would agree...this ought to have been posted in a 'general discussions' group rather than "be weary"???
Posted on 21-May-18 7:54AM
Yes...I apologise for that, the original thread of this was. Then was polluted by rants. So deleted it and started it again, didn't notice that it had chosen this group as default
Posted on 21-May-18 7:57AM
I might repost it there as well. I know it off by heart now anyway...and can never have too much exposure of this kind of thing!!

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd