General discussions & events
Community page.
Owned and operated by nzpersonals

Don't you just love?
Discussion - started by GoodBoy56, posted on 12-Sep-19 7:53AM
Profiles that contain absolutely nothing about the person beyond age, gender and orientation.
Or profiles with no pics but demand a pic in order to be deemed worthy of reply.
I just don't get the point of either.

Showing comments 1 through 13 out of 13 comments

Comment #1 by rural_wangas in response to the main topic
Posted on 12-Sep-19 8:02AM
A lot of people don't realise that you catch more fish with a baited hook.
Comment #2 by Cum_Connoisseur in response to the main topic
Posted on 12-Sep-19 9:44AM
Actually yes I do love it My top 3 best first time encounters all were with guys who had and still have no photo's and jack shit for a profile. Funny that
Comment #3 by Cheekies in response to the main topic
Posted on 12-Sep-19 11:22AM
I hear you its an individual choice on how people present themselves online and offline. I articulate my thoughts well so I am attracted to like minded people. I don't waste my time and energy on people who don't reflect what it is I seek. If a man can string a sentence and carry a decent conversation the odds are my interest is piqued. You only get one chance to make a first impression
Comment #4 by Davidbutler in response to the main topic
Posted on 12-Sep-19 4:33PM
I agree. I simply pass those ones straight over.
When I came onto the site about 100 years ago, I decided i needed to create a marketing tool (for want of a better term) and spent quite a lot of time on my profile. Its like the cover of a book, or packaging of a product. Sounds a little crass, but its how we?re wired in the 2 st century.

Companies spend millions$ to get a product into the market place. All it took me was an hour or two.
Comment #5 by Nersayus in response to the main topic
Posted on 12-Sep-19 5:03PM
Yeah getting tired of explaining to people with no profile why "hi" or "where are you" isnt really going to get anywhere with me. Some days it feels like pushing bamboo under peoples nails to get any idea of why they are here!
Comment #6 by GoodBoy56 in response to Nersayus ( view post )
Posted on 12-Sep-19 7:59PM
Exactly. Or those that say hi or Im keen wont work for me but list no interests or info to start a conversation. I recently on another site pushed out a message "You look like you enjoy a red wine, lets sample some together" all the responses said no I dont. But at least it started a discussion.
Posted on 12-Sep-19 8:12PM
hahahahaha very funny. spontaneity is the key..
Posted on 20-Sep-19 7:03PM
Nice comment cc yes it?s more about having conversation that leads to some sort of connection,many profile aren?t exactly honest anyway
Comment #9 by Aint_no_one in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Sep-19 12:49AM
Comment #10 by GoodBoy56 in response to scotti ( view post )
Posted on 21-Sep-19 10:37AM
All for conversation. But when a profile has nothing in it. No wonder the majority of conversations are "Im keen" or "wanta fuck" How hard is it to include love Ball room dancing or playing Scrabble or whatever your particular interest is. Maybe then they would get a conversation
Comment #11 by GoodBoy56 in response to Nersayus ( view post )
Posted on 21-Sep-19 1:19PM
Exactly
Comment #12 by Tattooed in response to the main topic
Posted on 21-Sep-19 2:32PM
I had a good one this week. I got a friend request from a woman I have never spoken to and when I looked at her profile everything she wasn't looking for was exactly what I was and then at the end of it it says not to send her friend requests if you haven't spoken to her first
Comment #13 by GoodBoy56 in response to Tattooed ( view post )
Posted on 21-Sep-19 2:41PM

Community Managers (5)

Group owner
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd