General discussions & events
Community page.
Owned and operated by nzpersonals

Polyamory: Share what you know.....
Discussion - started by KinkyMinx, posted on 27-Sep-19 8:03AM
Ive researched Polyamory and interested to hear from people who are living it, curious about it or to just share their opinions and thoughts.

Any sites or further info you can suggest would be helpful too.

Showing comments 1 through 33 out of 33 comments

Comment #1 by captcunninglus in response to the main topic
Posted on 27-Sep-19 8:16AM
hi yeah im into the polyamory scene and share my time with 6 others. got 2 living with me and we all share.
I love the freedom and theres no jealousy and nsa.
Comment #2 by rural_wangas in response to the main topic
Posted on 28-Sep-19 1:51PM
I think Pollyamory is disgusting. Having sex with a parrot is just wrong, wrong, wrong.
Comment #3 by Robbie63 in response to rural_wangas ( view post )
Posted on 28-Sep-19 5:05PM
Well i don't think it has any thing to do with a parott.
Comment #4 by Tattooed in response to rural_wangas ( view post )
Posted on 28-Sep-19 5:57PM
That's Polycrackerory
Comment #5 by Robbie63 in response to Tattooed ( view post )
Posted on 28-Sep-19 6:16PM
Yep awesome must try it.
Comment #6 by barrienz in response to the main topic
Posted on 28-Sep-19 7:35PM
yeah am the 3rd wheek in two poly r/s both couples from out of town, be nice to have a local and start one here
Comment #7 by captcunninglus in response to the main topic
Posted on 29-Sep-19 12:15PM
some poly relationships have a primary but I do not try to show any favouritism to any.
But deep down there is always going to favourite
I suppose its like being a mormon with 3 wives except we arnt married to any and they can cum and go so to speak.
Posted on 29-Sep-19 3:27PM
Makes for a busy life. Great you have thr freedom with no jealousy as I understand that doesnt just happen straight away. Its something that you work up too.
Posted on 29-Sep-19 3:31PM
I think by identifying who are primary and secondarys, lovers or fwbs makes it clear who brings what to the circle. I dont think its about having favourites.

Check out 'more than one' website. Has some really great info.
Comment #10 by barrienz in response to KinkyMinx ( view post )
Posted on 29-Sep-19 3:49PM
sometimes it depends on the poly as in one partner plays with two or all in ie partner bi etc
Comment #11 by fatfeisty in response to the main topic
Posted on 29-Sep-19 6:36PM
Don't do it.

Trust me on this.
Posted on 29-Sep-19 6:38PM
Didn't you have issues with one of your poly partners a while back though?
Or am I mis-remembering things?
Comment #13 by KinkyMinx in response to barrienz ( view post )
Posted on 29-Sep-19 7:19PM
Or none of the partners play together at all.
Every circle is completely different as long as every agrees and plays by the rules then it can work amazing
Comment #14 by KinkyMinx in response to fatfeisty ( view post )
Posted on 29-Sep-19 7:21PM
I know of lots of people this arrangement works well for. Some are just not cut out of polyamory just like some people aren't wired to live monogamy.
If all adults are consenting and play for the rules set it works really well.
Comment #15 by Robbie63 in response to KinkyMinx ( view post )
Posted on 29-Sep-19 7:29PM
Mmm sounds like a good arrangement.
I would like to meet some polymory
People in person.
If any one in Hamilton i would like to hear from you.
Posted on 29-Sep-19 8:11PM
thanks I will check that website out
Posted on 29-Sep-19 8:21PM
Yeah we've had a few hiccups along the way. Sometimes other relationships have rocked the boat and members of our group have needed more love and attention at times.
But I must say the sisterhood is very strong and patient and forgiving. They have such a close bond it is inspiring to see.
Posted on 29-Sep-19 8:36PM
Great it works. Just like any relationship/s there are always challenges, comes down to how you deal with any issues.
There are many polyamorous relationships where partners dont all know each other (and theres no expectation to either) so interesting that all of yours do.
Posted on 29-Sep-19 8:43PM
well we say we are all open about everything but in reality it just comes down to trust and respect and being openminded and non judgemental. None of us are perfect and we dont expect it.
They crucified the last guy who was perfect. .
Comment #20 by Miss_K in response to the main topic
Posted on 29-Sep-19 10:54PM
Hi. I?m in a relationship like this. My boyfriend has a girlfriend and I think she also is with another couple.
Comment #21 by Robbie63 in response to Miss_K ( view post )
Posted on 30-Sep-19 1:21AM
So how do you feel about sharing your
Boy friend with others?
Do you find it a good turn on?
To me it's very interesting.
Posted on 30-Sep-19 6:27AM
Good on you. There is no normal relationship that fits everyone. You need to find a dynamic thats suits you and your partner(s) best. They think that originally we were similar to other animals in that we all had multiple partners to breed. its only natural and instinctive behaviour. There is no shame. We only differ from other animals in that we have sex for enjoyment too. Theres nothing wrong in sharing the love. You go girl.
Comment #23 by Miss_K in response to Robbie63 ( view post )
Posted on 30-Sep-19 6:46AM
I find it a huge turn on
Comment #24 by Robbie63 in response to Miss_K ( view post )
Posted on 30-Sep-19 1:31PM
That's awesome miss -k.
Yes i get a huge turn on when me and my partner have the ocasional bimmf.
Later her and i have sex and it's a awesome feeling to have shared the love.
We hope at some time we can extend it to a small circle.
Posted on 1-Oct-19 1:18AM
Seems you have it made there. There must be a fragile line to be careful about to make sure the group stays intact. Judgemental people would probably regard you as greedy.
Posted on 1-Oct-19 6:47AM
yes very fragile at times but everyone sees someone else as well and they all have their primarys. And some come and go and some come back and some dont NSA
Comment #27 by KinkyMinx in response to EvenEden ( view post )
Posted on 1-Oct-19 6:53AM
In a poly relationship, it is vital?perhaps even more vital than in a monogamous relationship for everyone involved to know and understand the rules of the relationship, and abide by them. A successful poly relationship absolutely requires honesty, trust and security from everyone involved. If you cannot abide by the relationship?s rules, you cannot expect to make a polyamorous relationship work.

In societies where polygyny is practiced, women are usually seen as little more than property. Since people have this mistaken notion of polyamory, it?s easy to understand why they think ?polyamory? means ?disrespect of women.?

Polyamory is not polygyny....that's where the judgy part comes in!

Polyamory applies equally to everybody. In an ethical polyamorous relationship, the same opportunities are afforded to everyone, regardless of their sex. Polyamory is not about collecting a bunch of women for your harem.
Comment #28 by MagooNZ in response to KinkyMinx ( view post )
Posted on 1-Oct-19 7:39AM
I agree totally.
Total honesty is always the best route. Being open and honest is so important because as soon as mistrust or doubt comes into it, it's a slippery slope to failure.
Personally I have a couple of FWBs as well as 2 gorgeous ladies that I am in a relationship with.
At times I struggle with jealousy (it is hard to keep it down sometimes) but talking about the feelings and emotions is so important to keep things grounded and happy. Verification of the feelings for each other pushes those thoughts back where they belong and things continue happy and steamy as hell. Love it.
Comment #29 by Sexykitten in response to MagooNZ ( view post )
Posted on 1-Oct-19 8:06AM
Damn, you guys are convincing me to go poly.
Comment #30 by KinkyMinx in response to Sexykitten ( view post )
Posted on 1-Oct-19 8:18AM
Check out 'more than two' website and read the FAQs first as this will give a great overall insight.
Comment #31 by KinkyMinx in response to MagooNZ ( view post )
Posted on 1-Oct-19 8:20AM
100% agree with everything you say. Poly rships are just as much hard work if not harder then mono relationships due to the complexities that WE humans bring to the table!
Comment #32 by MagooNZ in response to KinkyMinx ( view post )
Posted on 1-Oct-19 8:53AM
Exactly - everybody needs to be on the same page and know to be totally honest. Being honest with each other is probably one of the hardest things I've found - but if you can do that - nobody is in any doubt and the trust is 100%. If you don't like something, tell them - don't beat around the bush. Hiding these things leads to frustration and mistrust.
It's so hard, but if you get it right it has amazing rewards.
Posted on 1-Oct-19 4:30PM
Exactly if everyone is aware of everyone else then there is trust and hopefully no discord. And an open door policy gives everyone the sense of freedom .
Yes I must admit also that I have had moments of jealousy too and its been hard to see some ladies go. But in the end their happiness is more important But we too are bound by the rules of the collective

Community Managers (5)

Group owner
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd