General discussions & events
Community page.
Owned and operated by nzpersonals

Is it just me?
Discussion - started by Ivana, posted on 1-Jun-20 10:40PM
Does the whole site seem to be running slowly to anybody else? My Vista 7 is well past it's due date but can't afford to upgrade as yet, but thought maybe it could be partly responsible. At this time there are no stats for Community or Online Members i.e. numbers. Any thoughts???

Showing comments 1 through 7 out of 7 comments

Comment #1 by jstsex618 in response to the main topic
Posted on 17-Jun-20 7:58AM
You can still upgrade to windows10 for free..... If you require the link, let me know.
Comment #2 by higuy in response to the main topic
Posted on 17-Jun-20 12:47PM
You've probably got malware, they abandoned Vista because it was unstable and would have taken too long to fix
Comment #3 by jstsex618 in response to jstsex618 ( view post )
Posted on 17-Jun-20 12:52PM
https://www.stuff.co.nz/busin ess/1188 /heres-how-to-upgrade-to-wind ows- -and-pay-nothing
Comment #4 by NakiBiGuy69 in response to higuy ( view post )
Posted on 17-Jun-20 11:29PM
Vista was malware :)
Comment #5 by Ivana in response to jstsex618 ( view post )
Posted on 25-Jun-20 11:39PM
Thank you and I should have mentioned that it is my PC that is to old as well. I need to upgrade so for the time being carry on rewardless. Thanks again for your reply.
Comment #6 by Ivana in response to NakiBiGuy69 ( view post )
Posted on 25-Jun-20 11:42PM
As usual I'm last to know hahaha. Thanks though.
Comment #7 by NakiBiGuy69 in response to Ivana ( view post )
Posted on 25-Jun-20 11:54PM
You are welcome
Basically, Microsoft dropped the ball on Vista and really stuffed up.
As far as I can see it was rushed to the market too quickly without the appropriate testing beforehand.
Hence the reason that they only ever released one service pack for Vista and Windows 7 was released quite quickly after.
Vista was extremely buggy and unstable. Also, the older the installation, the worse it gets.
I cannot be certain but it appears that Windows 7 is actually a rebuild of the Vista Kernel where they took the time to actually fix the mistakes and test it properly but chose to rename and re-market it as Windows 7 rather than anything to do with the tainted Vista name as that had left a very sour taste in the mouth of the consumers.
And this ends your piece of useless information for the night 😂

Community Managers (5)

Group owner
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd