General discussions & events
Community page.
Owned and operated by nzpersonals

Streetworkers
Discussion - started by MrDaddy, posted on 30-Jul-20 10:15PM
Back in the day our metro cities all had the red light streets where streetworkers plied their trade. The likes of KRd Auckland, Vivian St,Wellington and Colombo St, Christchurch . Do any cities still have streetworkers? And if so what streets? Or has recent legislation destroyed this historic trade.

Showing comments 1 through 25 out of 25 comments

Comment #1 by DarkNight in response to the main topic
Posted on 31-Jul-20 12:15AM
In Christchurch its Manchester St. And there is usually at least a couple of ladies playing their trade at night.
Comment #2 by LilyBlack in response to the main topic
Posted on 31-Jul-20 7:16AM
The Purple Onion in Vivian Street was the first Strip Club I ever went To! I was taken aback by a Male Stripper! Not Expected! He Lacked Length! I believe most Hookers work from Private Apartments in the CBD Now! Lily x
Comment #3 by MrDaddy in response to LilyBlack ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 7:27AM
Was that the TV strip/dance club above the takeaway bar? Next to Rainton Hasties strip club?
Comment #4 by LilyBlack in response to MrDaddy ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 7:35AM
It's a Long Time Ago! I Remember! You Entered on Ground Level! Possibly Upstairs! I Believe Carmen may have Owned It! It was Famous in It's Day! Lily x
Comment #5 by MrDaddy in response to LilyBlack ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 7:36AM
Yep your right. It was directly across the road from them two strip cubs I was talking about . Spoilt for choice back in the day. Three stripclubs within 30m of each other.

Comment #6 by LilyBlack in response to MrDaddy ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 7:47AM
Vivian Street was the Place to Be! How Strip Clubs have Changed! I lived in Auckland 30 Plus Years! Showgirls was My Playground! Lap Dances! In Your Face! Wet Pussy! I Digress! Naughty Lily x
Comment #7 by domseka in response to MrDaddy ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 1:14PM
i believe your refering to club exotic, i used to go back in the day,could ask for a "special",which was a wiskey n coke,served from a bottle hidden under the bar as it was after hours,illegal back then
Comment #8 by MrDaddy in response to domseka ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 2:18PM
Spot on that is/what the name was . Great little club upstairs with TV and TS dancers . Always plenty happening there. Thanks for refreshing the memory
Posted on 31-Jul-20 3:42PM
Rainton Hastie!!!! Crickey you will be bringing up Flora McKensie next :)
Posted on 31-Jul-20 3:59PM
Yes she had a place on Pitt st in Auckland . A circular revolving bed if im not mistaken
Comment #11 by LilyBlack in response to MrDaddy ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 5:51PM
I worked with a guy in Auckland. He claimed to be a great mate of Hastie. He told me they used to drive around in convertibles flaunting Hastie's wealth drinking champagne! Does that sound like Hastie! Lily x
Comment #12 by MrDaddy in response to LilyBlack ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 5:54PM
Yep.
Comment #13 by domseka in response to MrDaddy ( view post )
Posted on 31-Jul-20 7:35PM
no probs,youve given me some memories now, ;) i remember many times walking outta there and it was getting light haha
Comment #14 by Topsexycock4sissy in response to the main topic
Posted on 8-Aug-20 2:17AM
Is Marion Street still the place to go to pick up trans girls in Wellington?
Comment #15 by ajsone in response to the main topic
Posted on 8-Aug-20 8:07AM
Krd is still active and hunters corner, the main thing legislation has allowed is more legal brothels opening up and more traders.
Posted on 8-Aug-20 1:53PM
No idea. Hopefully some one from Wellington can tell us
Comment #17 by MrDaddy in response to ajsone ( view post )
Posted on 8-Aug-20 1:59PM
Yeah KRd, Edinburgh, Ophir and Gundry St loop. Dont know Hunters corner.
Posted on 8-Aug-20 2:01PM
I might go have a look tonight, do the old disappearing act from the mates for a bit haha
Posted on 8-Aug-20 2:04PM
I have no idea what the quality is like these days . Let us know . Good luck with the mates not working it out hahaha
Posted on 8-Aug-20 2:08PM
The hardest part was walking through with mates and trying not to look to excited haha. I don't really think people would mind or be that surprised, but the secrecy makes it hotter for me
Comment #21 by strobbings in response to MrDaddy ( view post )
Posted on 9-Oct-20 4:48PM

Your not mistaken,been there a few times than.

And who can forget the King,Hasty
Posted on 9-Oct-20 11:00PM
Its like me walking through the red light district in Amsterdam with my mum and brother and trying not to look to excited
Posted on 10-Oct-20 3:34PM

yes, know the feeling

Had also the same thing in the Hague,when my grandfather took me trough there,and advised me never to go there,i was about 13/14 yrs old .

Also remember reading a book by a Police inspector,where he stated the busiest was a women sitting there,just showing a bare arm.
Comment #24 by boxer64 in response to LilyBlack ( view post )
Posted on 10-Oct-20 8:31PM
It was owned by Carmen and she also owned the coffee shop across the road. Great times were had there
Comment #25 by strobbings in response to boxer64 ( view post )
Posted on 11-Oct-20 2:09PM

I met her in Sydney, Awesome.

Community Managers (5)

Group owner
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager
Group manager

New Zealand Personals - Now in its 25th year, and still going strong
About NZPersonals  *  Contact NZPersonals  *  Help

Copyright (C) 2000-2024, NZPersonals.com Ltd